The procedure for nominating and selecting the Man and Woman of the Year shall be as follows:
- There must be a nominator who will submit a nomination in writing on a form provided and approved by the selection committee to include the relevant information about the nominee. To prevent the process from being a “popularity contest,” the committee will be charged to base their decision on the information provided in the nomination submitted, not on the personal knowledge that they might or might not have of the nominee.
- The nominator shall submit their name, address, and phone number in case the selection committee should need additional information.
- The nominee does not have to be a member of the Big Spring Area Chamber of Commerce, but the nominator must be a member.
- The selection will be made on the basis of all around contributions to the community, not just for extraordinary performance in the individual’s business or employment. The nominee should have a consistent track record of accomplishments rather than being honored for a single act of merit; although a single contribution or achievement is not ruled out if it is of sufficient importance.
- The term “community” as used above should be taken to relate to the “area” served by the Big Spring Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Those currently holding a political office should not be eligible for nomination.
DEADLINE – DECEMBER 1, 2023
Return Application to:
2023 Man and Woman of the Year Nomination
Big Spring Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 1391
Big Spring, TX 79721